WHAT IS AN EIRCODE?
Eircode offers two data products for purchase;
- Eircode Address File (ECAF) is the base reference data containing all 2.2 million address points with their Eircode and Postal Address.
- Eircode Address Database (ECAD) contains additional data for each address, such as alias address information, geo-coordinates and other data including but not limited to boundary data and building information. The purchase of the ECAF is a prerequisite for purchase of the ECAD.
- To discuss which is right for you CONTACT US.
An Eircode is a seven character alpha-numeric code made up of two parts.
- The first part (a Routing Key) consists of three characters and defines a principal post town span of delivery.
- The second part (a Unique Identifier) is unique to an address and distinguishes one address from another.
Generally all postal addresses that currently receive mail have been assigned an Eircode. For example:-
Residential addresses: each house on a street, each flat in an apartment block, each house in a rural townland, both units in a duplex unit.
Business addresses: office building, factory or warehouse, shop, hotel, bar or any business premises, health centre, hospital or any public building, each unit in a shopping centre, each unit in a business park or industrial estate.
The ECAF and ECAD do not contain the names of private individuals, personal or personalised data.